9th Grade English I Forum: Jester
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discusion

Go down

The Discusion Empty The Discusion

Post  Sean N. Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

The discussion on Wednesday, I as usual, liked to watch and listen instead of inputting my opinion. But when Mr. J read the scene when Roger insulted Junior, I actually felt uneasy about the way he read it. Maybe because he read it aloud, but when I read this scene (and the whole book in general, well besides the end when his family starts to die) I was reading at a fast pace, teenage high school, semi funny sense to it. I even smiled a little over the creativity of the insult. But after listening to it in a slow voice, it felt rude, and sounded like to cruelest thing to say. Sad The next big thing was the portrait of Rowdy after Junior told him that he was going to the white high school* outside the rez. It really bothered me the way both parties (junior and Rowdy) handled the situation. Rowdy shouldn't have hit Junior, nor yelled at him, and Junior should have told Rowdy in a peaceful atmosphere (Powwow?) But focusing on the Image, the portrait of Rowdy looked like on of the most realistic drawing in the book, and it was sad to see someone's only friend get angry at him and insult Junior.

*The name of the high school escapes me right now!

Sean N.

Back to top Go down

The Discusion Empty Re: The Discusion

Post  Sean N. Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:40 pm

The discussion on Wednesday, I as usual, liked to watch and listen instead of inputting my opinion. But when Mr. J read the scene when Roger insulted Junior, I actually felt uneasy about the way he read it. Maybe because he read it aloud, but when I read this scene (and the whole book in general, well besides the end when his family starts to die) I was reading at a fast pace, teenage high school, semi funny sense to it. I even smiled a little over the creativity of the insult. But after listening to it in a slow voice, it felt rude, and sounded like to cruelest thing to say. The next big thing was the portrait of Rowdy after Junior told him that he was going to the white high school* outside the rez. It really bothered me the way both parties (junior and Rowdy) handled the situation. Rowdy shouldn't have hit Junior, nor yelled at him, and Junior should have told Rowdy in a peaceful atmosphere (Powwow?) But focusing on the Image, the portrait of Rowdy looked like on of the most realistic drawing in the book, and it was sad to see someone's only friend get angry at him and insult Junior.

*The name of the high school escapes me right now!

Sean N.

Back to top Go down